A favorite pancake recipe of mine. This recipe went through vigorous testing to create an amazingly fluffy and light pancake. The olive oil addition is what creates such a moist cake. Olive oil can be replaced by melted butter, or even browned melted butter, for a richer flavor. Add fresh fruit or citrus zest to your completed batter to create other versions of this beauty.
For more, check out our Basic Pancakes, Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes, and Sweet Potato Pancakes.
- Yield: 12-14 pancakes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 mins
- Active: 30 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
- Measure out the milk in another large bowl and add the eggs and olive oil. Whisk until well combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients while whisking to avoid any large lumps. Once well combined, stop whisking to avoid overworking the batter.
- Over a medium-hot griddle, skillet, or pan, pour a serving and flip once the top starts to bubble up. Repeat until the batter is gone.